2014/04/24

Why are you developing a business in the Philippines? (Part 2)

Hello, everyone!


I'm Naoya Takahashi, in charge of business development in the Philippines.

I'm going to write about my work little by little here in the Relations Blog.


In the last blog, I wrote about my reasons for doing this from the company's point of view. 

Today I'm going to describe another reason from my own point of view.





“Even if I only reach one person, I want to create structures that will make someone somewhere in the world feel good.”


This is the vision I formulated when I was 21 years old. 

Although it’s now been eight years and it’s a bit embarrassing to look back, 

my vision remains unchanged. 

I believe I can fulfill this vision by developing a new business in the Philippines.



There are two main factors that brought me to this vision:

 - I always try to make the people around me feel good.

 - Through living in other countries, I've realized that borders don’t matter. We are all citizens of the world.


I would say that the latter especially motivated me to start the project in the Philippines.

Though I still believe that borders don't matter, to be honest, I've been feeling that at least for now, 
Japan is the only place where I can contribute. In other words, borders do matter.


Therefore, I looked for opportunities to go beyond those borders and accomplish something.




At Relations, we believe that businesses should come from one's passion. 

This is also how the CEO Hasegawa thinks. 

The individual employee’s passion is the seed, and Relations is the ground in which that seed grows.



My project is a good example.

Of course, I wanted to get closer to my vision by challenging myself to achieve new goals. 

At the same time, the CEO and other colleagues gave me a kick in my back.



I'll definitely make a success of this opportunity so I get closer to my vision.
  




Over these two posts, I explained my reasons for developing a business in the Philippines.

In short, the reasons are as follows.


For Relations: Because it is necessary for the company to do something meaningful in other countries to carry out its mission.

For myself : Because I want to fulfill my vision of accomplishing something beyond national borders.



Next time, I'm going to write about what I'm doing in the Philippines.



Because I ALWAYS get this question!